As a church (or other group), you could:
- Take your money out of a bank you consider unethical. You could move it to a more ethical bank or a building society or credit union.
- Reduce or give up investments in unethical companies. Choose some more positive and socially productive projects to put your money into.
- Do what you can to spend the church’s own money ethically. This could range from buying Fairtrade refreshments to looking at a company’s ethics before hiring it for building work.
- Ensure that all church staff are paid the Living Wage and have good working conditions.
- If your church is part of national denomination, you could look at the denomination’s ethical investment policy. You could suggest strengthening it and increasing investment in companies and sectors doing specific social or environmental good. You could work with others in the denomination to achieve change.