When you’ve found out the facts using this website and other information, it’s the action you take that will really make a difference. And your own money is a good place to start.
There are many ways in which you can take action by using your money. We have a few suggestions, with links to make the process as straightforward as we can.
Whatever you choose to do, don’t forget to tell us! It’s really helpful to know what faith groups are doing at grassroots level with their money, and to learn more about what works. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might choose to:
- Take your money from a bank you consider to be unethical. You could move it to a more ethical bank, a building society or a credit union.
- Give up investments in unethical sectors or companies. Choose more positive and socially productive projects to put your money into.
- Lobby companies that you invest in and spend money with and encourage them to change.
- Avoid unethical products and find ethical alternatives to spend your money on.
- Boycott companies that may change policies through economic pressure.
- Ask your pension fund, local authority, trade union or church how it invests its money – including the money you give it.
- Keep in touch with the issues by asking for the newsletters of the two groups behind this website – the Ecumenical Council for Corporate Responsibility and Quaker Peace & Social Witness.
- Raise these issues at your church, Quaker Meeting or other group.
- Keep praying about it all.